MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks buddy, it's been awhile! And yes, they are mine. I picked up the aldabra yesterday and the sullie about 18 months ago.
Awesome.I would love to have either of those species.....one day,when I relocate to a warm climate area.

Reactions: tlindsey

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Awesome.I would love to have either of those species.....one day,when I relocate to a warm climate area.
I'm on the northern Gulf Coast. It gets cool here for sure with a few nights even below freezing. My sullie has a large insulated and heated house that he goes into. I saw him out and about grazing on days in the low 50s as long as it was sunny, they are pretty cold tolerant.

The aldabra, being young and new, I'm in the process of converting my shed to a winter home. Will let him out when the weather allows.

They have free reign to graze my back yard which is about a quarter acre. I'm on the water, so I hope the aldabra appreciates the salty air.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting,I wasnt aware that the temps dipped that low in that area.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh yeah. Back in like '13/'14 or '14/'15 (can't remember) we got down to the mod teens a couple of nights on a row. It was crazy!
Yeah I do recall a particularly brutal cold snap one year down there but I thought that it was more of a fluke than a regular occurrence.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store