Meet my new atf

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
I
Can't use the orange color to ID an atf. That dead fish is a regular old vatf, the scale counts have it. Stout vatf is used to explain a fish that is otherwise clearly a varf and which arrives with vatf shipments, but has a scale count that is wrong.

As to the white tips, look at the pelvic a d anal fins of the batf looking fish. Notice how they've got a distinct white tip? All ATF can have this when young, but big eye tend to have it in the most extreme manner. These white deals are what become hooks/streamers.
I see. Thanks for helping me id them. Anyway the batf looking fish has a mouth and caudal fin of a batf and white tips of a bigeye. Maybe its a hybrid! Joke :p

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I

I see. Thanks for helping me id them. Anyway the batf looking fish has a mouth and caudal fin of a batf and white tips of a bigeye. Maybe its a hybrid! Joke :p
Honestly the mouth looks big eye in the only pic that shows it from the side well. BATF have basically the same mouth as GATF. Big eyes have a lower jaw that's less massive than the upper and which curves up and often has a chin like protuberance on it.

I think the similarly of that fish to a BATF is an artifact of the way the pics were taken more than anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store