Meet my new wienerdog Gizmo!

birdpond

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2009
US Southeast
Hi, it's been a LONG time since I've been able to visit here and it feels great to be back.

I've only been using my photography lately to list stuff for sale online or to enhance my online published stories, but recently I felt that urge to start pushing myself to do more than take snapshots.

This a web-resized version of a shot from my Nikon D90, kit lens -- 18-105 VR, of my new little stray/abandoned/recently adopted by me, wiener-dog mix Gizmo. Obviously spontaneous and not staged, I was surprised there was as much detail as there was in the shot. In some ways I like the original uncropped/unprocessed file too, more detailed and with more space on the right (which works because his clumpy little foot is pointing that way.) But I used this for a story I was posting so I did this quick crop and touchup.

Since he is a black dog and quite shiny, like a wet otter, lol, I was curious what your 'knee-jerk' reactions are.

Details: 1/200th, f5.3, -1.3EV, autofocus I think, lightly post processed in PSCS2 (cropped, adj auto levels and contrast, signed).

btw this pup is a RIOT, lol, and now has a YouTube presence.

Thanks a lot for looking!

Cathy

Gizmo7web.jpg

birdpond

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2009
US Southeast
I played with it a little more and saved a sharpened version -- thoughts?

Gizmo7bweb.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store