MFK Friends

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
I was just notified lastnite that freshwater lion is no longer with us. His real name was J'Wan Tyus and he was a good friend to me. Introduced me to this forum. He was an avid fish and reptile enthusiast and loved pike cichlids, wolffish and all oddball species. He taught me many lessons about the fish hobby and aided me in stepping my game up. I guess he felt he had to do what he did to himself. I hope his spirit finds the peace he could not find here. I love and will miss you Freshwater Lion Your !!!!

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
I remember us staying up on here talking about dream tanks. All oddballs or a SA river tank with pikes and peacock bass, or a planted tank with discus ,altums and apistos. I am truly fond of those memories.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm a bit lost. Can you fill me in? Did I miss something?

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
He passed away on the December 26th. Fish keeping for me wont be the same. RIP J'wan Tyus or FWLion!!!! I hope peace find your soul my friend.

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
fwlion is no longer in the pond. I will miss geeking out on here with my buddy J'wan. Fish keeping just wont be the same. We had some of the same taste in fish mbu puffers, stingrays, snakeheads, pike cichlids, lungfish,aro etc... J"wan I will miss us geeking out talking bout our dream tanks and who's who of the fish world. Peace be with ur soul hommie.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
He is often in the lungfish section. One of the member that made the knifefish and lungfish section activity. So sad to hear that he took his life. Been wondering why he suddenly disappear in our lungfish conversation.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
That is terrible to hear. I'm sorry I never got the chance to chat with him.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i will miss him... we did get to talk to each other a few times.. he was a gentleman ... rest in peace.. so sorry

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
This is terrible news for J'Wan and his family. The thought of someone having to take their own life to escape what they are battling internally is a heart breaking one for me. I have lost friends the same way yama, my thoughts are with you as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store