midevil pair egg fungus

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
they are still guarding them,its day 4 since she laid them but looks like quite a bit of fungus growth,is it possible any survive? or is this batch a bust? this is first spawn ever and i heard they do get better at it as they keep trying

20200122_195259.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
they are still guarding them,its day 4 since she laid them but looks like quite a bit of fungus growth,is it possible any survive? or is this batch a bust? this is first spawn ever and i heard they do get better at it as they keep trying

View attachment 1402732
Like you stated it's their first time. A experienced female will normally remove the infertile eggs. Yes that batch will probably not have any eggs hatching. Let the pair keep trying. If the pair not getting it right after a couple more spawn remove object with eggs attached and try hatching them yourself. You will need to seed a sponge filter or filter prior for the hatchery aquarium. Try not to allow the eggs to come in contact with air.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
next time add some methylene blue. It should help control your fungus.
I would recommend doing Methylen Blue in a separate aquarium but you are correct it will control fungus. I actually have MB in the powder form so it has a longer shelf life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store