Mini marbles

Zues1725

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 15, 2021
What’s the bare minimum yu can keep
These mini marble at 5 in I’m a grow out / Quarantine tank and how big is it a requirement when they get to adult size living

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Mini marble isn't a true species. If you know the size of the parents it may give you a good idea as to their adult size, but it's not certain. Or if they have had multiple batches of offspring that some have reached adulthood you could go off that. Like dwarfism in humans two people with dwarfism can have a regular sized offspring. It's a genetic abnormality and as such does not guarantee the final adult size of offspring. I'd prepare for a normal adult size marble and that way if it is truly a dwarf then you will be good.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
What’s the bare minimum yu can keep
These mini marble at 5 in I’m a grow out / Quarantine tank and how big is it a requirement when they get to adult size living
Go with 8x4 footprint like fore mentioned. Some people call mini marbles what are actually just a bit smaller than typical because they are stunted from being in sub par conditions.

a true mini marble should be mature around 12” or so. They do exist, but I wouldn’t bank on it unless you have seen parent sizes.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
kelz kelz is more knowledgeable and has bred them, possibly has a few for sale. He has some beautiful true minis, from what I understand. Perhaps he can shed some light here.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Lets be honest here..... WHEN was the last time you saw a Marble that was NOT a "mini"

They're ALL "mini" anymore. Just ask the sellers.... They'll reassure you regardless of the size of the parents. The parents that have probably been in the owners possession for a few years at best. Ever notice there's no old "minis" All seem to be 5 years or less old.

Just like any black ray hybrids.... IF there's any black ray in the mix it is immediately assumed to be BD.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Lets be honest here..... WHEN was the last time you saw a Marble that was NOT a "mini"

They're ALL "mini" anymore. Just ask the sellers.... They'll reassure you regardless of the size of the parents. The parents that have probably been in the owners possession for a few years at best. Ever notice there's no old "minis" All seem to be 5 years or less old.

Just like any black ray hybrids.... IF there's any black ray in the mix it is immediately assumed to be BD.
Yup. This is true

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store