Missing skin!!! wtf do i do!?

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
My synodotis seemed to have lost a patch of skin and his pink flesh/tissue (i dont know what it is) is sticking out and i don't know what to do. At first i thought he cut himself or my J.D's or Arowana was eating him or biting at him but that doesn't seem to be the case. He now has other patches where his skin is missing and all you see is tissue. It is beginning to spread and soon, all that is going to be left is his insides. Someone PLEASE ANSWER FAST because it is spreading very quickly. I need personal assistance fast and no...i can not take a pic but if you might know what the problem is, send me a picture of another fish that has this and i will tell you if the same thing is happening.

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
raise the heat and add 1 tblsp of salt for every 10 gallons

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
what kind of salt. and will the salt affect my other fish too because my arowana costs wayyy more than that syno but i need to help my syno. thanks bro.

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
np. the only thing you should worry about the salt affecting is any scaleless fish. You should use plain salt, sea salt, or salt from an lfs. JUst look at the ingrediants and it should say basically salt. NO IODINE!!!

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
yea........he is dead. i found him at the top of the tank floating. i noticed he wasnt upside down so i poked him and he didnt react and his gills werent moiving. i miss my syno!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store