mixing breads

conan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
We have a 55 Gal. tank with about 10 cichlids, of all different breads. We haven't had any problems with fighting, but we have lost a couple for no apparent reasons. One of my favorites was an eye biter. It died recently don't know why?

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Since you got 10 of them I am guessing all of them are small. Give them some time to grow and watch one by one die of untill you will end up with one or two dominant ones left. I got a Red Devil that is still not all that big, around 5-6" and I cant put other cichlids with him! :x

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Vitaliy said:
Since you got 10 of them I am guessing all of them are small. Give them some time to grow and watch one by one die of untill you will end up with one or two dominant ones left. I got a Red Devil that is still not all that big, around 5-6" and I cant put other cichlids with him! :x
im sure you can't house him with other american cichlids, but you should try african mbuna.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
piranha45 said:
im sure you can't house him with other american cichlids, but you should try african mbuna.
He ate a Green Terror, Jack Dempsey, a few Convicts, and was about to eat that Buttikoferi (that I got rid of today) that was an inch larger then him. I am sure you can put him with something else but in a bigger tank. Perhaps when he will outgrow his 55 he will get a tank mate or two.. :)

Oh, and a Black Belt.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
piranha45 said:
did he EAT them, or just slay them?
Slay... this guy is getting one nice belly I feed him so much! :)

I want to put him into a 75 when he gets around 7" with a Texas similar size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store