Mixing different color Lta

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
To my knowledge it should be fine. Generally nems (and corals) can touch each other as long as it’s the same species.
Do you have pics of the white nem? I’ve never heard of that.

Reactions: tlindsey

Jdadams

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2021
Anemones of the same species can touch. Although there is no such thing as a white anemone. It’s bleached. If your lighting it good it should color back up, maybe try some food head and there but it’s not required as good lighting usually will suffice

Reactions: Deadeye

-Bosshogofthasouth-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2022
Different color bubble tips often kill eachothsr so its definitely not applicable to all species of nems. While both are technically long tentavle anenomes i dont know if theyre close enough to not fight. Ill probably just avoid it.

-Bosshogofthasouth-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2022
Anemones of the same species can touch. Although there is no such thing as a white anemone. It’s bleached. If your lighting it good it should color back up, maybe try some food head and there but it’s not required as good lighting usually will suffice
Go ahead and google white long tentacled anemone.

Last edited:

Jdadams

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2021
Go ahead and google white long tipped anemone.
Well I’m not going to argue with you since there’s plenty of info to back me up on reef2reef that there’s no such thing as a white anemone. I do partially agree with you about the bubble tips but I have also seen Colorado sunburst which are not suppose to be with other bubble tips thrive with green bubbles and rainbow bubbles. But like everything in this hobby, what works for me won’t work for you.

Jdadams

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2021
My nem tank back when I was doing saltwater. 3 different types and they always touched each other. Ritteri(magnifica), sebae and gigantea carpet. Thrived together for a couple years till I sold everything. Oh and those white sebaes you always see, mine is what they are suppose to look like tan/green. White anemones are lacking their zooxanthellae due to insufficient light24EC1A3B-6469-4810-8D24-AEA01F1DAC41.jpeg

-Bosshogofthasouth-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2022
Im sorry but youre absolutely wrong. The color of anemone is crystal white. Thats what theyre sold as you can find listings online as well as countless pictures on google image's. The zooxanthella are healthy as iridescent hues in different colors are visible at different angles similar to a healthy derasa clam. The base color is white but in reality it is a multitude of colors it is sold as a "white anemone". Id post pictures but the files are too big.

Jdadams

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2021
Im sorry but youre absolutely wrong. The color of anemone is crystal white. Thats what theyre sold as you can find listings online as well as countless pictures on google image's. The zooxanthella are healthy as iridescent hues in different colors are visible at different angles similar to a healthy derasa clam. The base color is white but in reality it is a multitude of colors it is sold as a "white anemone". Id post pictures but the files are too big.
If the tentacles have different hues and base is multitude of colors, then that’s not white and that doesn’t make wrong. If it was me I’d do it and not worry about it. Can you post a picture of yours? I can’t find anything on crystal white LTA

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I agree - only pics I’ve seen of white lta look bleached.
This thread is the first thing that comes up when I search crystal white ltas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store