Mixing Lakes?

Romona

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2018
I have a 75g all male peacocks and haps with 1 yellow lab and 1 snow white. Can I mix L.T tropheus and L.V with my L.M successfully?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
What does LT, LV, and LM stand for?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It took me awhile but LT= Lake Tanganyika, LV= Lake Victoria and LM= Lake Malawi.:)

Romona, what species and how many do you currently have in this tank?

I wouldn't mix them myself.

Romona

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2018
I have 13 right now. My plan is to over stock. I am looking at adding a paralabidochromis sp., astatotilapia aeneocolor, ptyochromis sp. and a astatotilapia latifasciata (zebra obliquiden) so I'm thinking since it is a zebra that I can't add it to my peacocks.

I currently have a Aqueon 75 pro and I just got a Pingkay Free Media 5-stage External Canister with UV sterilizer 525 gph that I'm going to add. I just have to find a video to show me how to install it. The instruction aren't really clear.

Romona

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2018
What do yall have in the bottom of your tanks? I had small river rock, but I had a bad algea problem so I took them out until I got rid of it. Now that it's back under control I got crushed coral. I was just wondering if that's good to put in the bottom.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Thanks Romona!
Can you list the name of the fish species you have? I understand one is a yellow lab or Labidochromis caeruleus and I will take a guess the snow white is a Pseudotropheus socolofi, correct?

If you don't know which species they are, post individual pics or at least clear pics of the fish to try and identify them.

Are you looking to do an all male tank or will you have male and female fish?

I use a fine sand substrate for my tanks but many people use pool filter sand or similar products.

Romona

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2018
Here's a video. I have an all male tank. The snow white is a mbuna. I'm not sure on all of them.

20180318_105436.jpg

Romona

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2018
2 blue moorii, snow white mbuna, yellow lab, albino ?, frontosa, Venustus, lemon Jake (?), Dragon blood (?), Borleyi Kadango(?), ob peacock, hybrid Dragon blood. I also have 2 large clown loaches that I haven't added yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store