Mixing various foods into one container

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
So, I got annoyed with all the food containers I had and I decided to dump them all into one bag to make things simpler. I was curious of anyone else does this? Seems like it will help keep things interesting for the fish too.

29D35908-D14F-4DA1-839F-FF98C077D3D7.jpeg

AC224C3A-8D36-4339-ABA4-20D38778800B.jpeg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
So, I got annoyed with all the food containers I had and I decided to dump them all into one bag to make things simpler. I was curious of anyone else does this? Seems like it will help keep things interesting for the fish too.

View attachment 1405902

View attachment 1405903
Done this plenty of times. Used to do something similar for my FH fry as well except I would crush the food into granules to make it easier for them to eat.

Reactions: MFM

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
I thought
Done this plenty of times. Used to do something similar for my FH fry as well except I would crush the food into granules to make it easier for them to eat.
I thought about doing something similar as I primarily keep Geophagus now. Maybe I’ll get bored again soon and crush everything up hah

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I thought

I thought about doing something similar as I primarily keep Geophagus now. Maybe I’ll get bored again soon and crush everything up hah
What kind of Geo's ya got? Personally I'd like to get some pellegrini but can almost never find them for sale. My angelfish got the last of my crushed medley and they loved it, growing out a few to try breeding them again.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
What kind of Geo's ya got? Personally I'd like to get some pellegrini but can almost never find them for sale. My angelfish got the last of my crushed medley and they loved it, growing out a few to try breeding them again.
Currently I have 4 Winemilleri and one Satanoperca Daemon housed with multiple Plecos, cories and apistos. I would love some pellegrini also but I also rarely see those. I haven’t kept angels in a while but breeding them sounds fun!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Currently I have 4 Winemilleri and one Satanoperca Daemon housed with multiple Plecos, cories and apistos. I would love some pellegrini also but I also rarely see those. I haven’t kept angels in a while but breeding them sounds fun!
It was a chore last time I did it lol granted it was fun but never got lucky with it. The father always ate the fry a week after free swimming. Always wanted to get into apistos but never had any free tanks for them till now. But breeding angels is pretty well the same as any other cichlid, just wait for a pair to form, give them their own tank and some slate rocks, and then it's just a waiting game. Got to say tho if I can't find some pellegrini, daemons would be my second choice.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
It was a chore last time I did it lol granted it was fun but never got lucky with it. The father always ate the fry a week after free swimming. Always wanted to get into apistos but never had any free tanks for them till now. But breeding angels is pretty well the same as any other cichlid, just wait for a pair to form, give them their own tank and some slate rocks, and then it's just a waiting game. Got to say tho if I can't find some pellegrini, daemons would be my second choice.
Ahhh yeah usually the issue... and Apistos are super fun to have! Mine lay eggs all the time but they never make it because I don’t do much to save them. Definitely reccormend some Geos if you come across them... they’re very personable and fun to own!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Ahhh yeah usually the issue... and Apistos are super fun to have! Mine lay eggs all the time but they never make it because I don’t do much to save them. Definitely reccormend some Geos if you come across them... they’re very personable and fun to own!
Lol once I get my 80 custom resealed again I might have to consider getting some. Lol won't be able to get as many as I'd want untill I get my 2,000 built. That's gonna take me a couple of years tho.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store