Monofiloment VS Braided line ...

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
what's your line type ... do you use mono or braid .. IMO braided ,because of the strength of the line . braided allow's you to straighten most hook's if snagged aswell as it's abrastion resistence..

:D :feedback:

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
that depends on what kind of fishing you do. If you go for pikes/perch with lures and spinners, i would use braid for the no-stretch and strenght. If i go carp fishing, i use mono. A lot of people seem to use braid for carp too, especially over long distances but, although the theory is good, just isnt my thing. For feederfishing you will need braid so... its quite depending on the type of fishing you do.

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
I am 100% mono i have used spiderwire a braided type 2 times befor resulting in failure:cry: it was a very weak line and i paid about 3 times:WHOA: what mono costs it really turned me off to it:irked: .What brand name braided line do u use ROSS that is strong enough to staighten a hook?:grinno:

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
MONO rules, i think IMO fish see mono less then spiderwire ETC. ANd the spiderwire is bad if u ever get a knot in your line, u literally have to cut your losses. mono usually a knot will come out. .02

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
what is spiderwire the only stuff they sell around you guys??? it sucks, has way too thick a wax coating making it stiff. I like powerpro or stren superbraid. a good flouro leader is a must tho, fish can see the braid but not the flouro.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I have used both. I like braided line for trolling as you can feel a bug hit your lure or if your lure stops acting the right way becuase of weeds or a tangle. I use mono for casting, it just seems normal. The reason I don't use braided line for casting is that that **** heats up and almost burns my thumb every cast.

gman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2005
new jersey
www.facebook.com
I use braided as well as mono. I prefer the feel of mono when you are fighting a fish. With braid I have lost some fish because the line has no give and if a fish shakes its head right they sometimes relieve all preasure on the line and the hook comes loose.However Braid is a must for deepwater wreck fishing. I like it because you can fish with 1/2 as much lead and you dont have to worry about breaking off and loosing half of the line on your reel. I agree that when using braid a mono leader is a must.

k98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
CANADA
i like powerpro for musky,fireline for walleys,mono stren for bass

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
big train;614338; said:
I am 100% mono i have used spiderwire a braided type 2 times befor resulting in failure:cry: it was a very weak line and i paid about 3 times:WHOA: what mono costs it really turned me off to it:irked: .What brand name braided line do u use ROSS that is strong enough to staighten a hook?:grinno:
I use STREN and it will straighten a hook my friend , your drag is important .. : I also use stren mono but only low-vis green in 4ILB test . some reason walleye are the only fish I can't catch on braid and they seem to see anything bigger then 4Ilb test here in these water's .

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
I only use mono. for its Availability, Economy, and Versatility as main line and leaders. But use wire leaders for fish with sharp teeth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store