Monster fish pond

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Is it possible to keep arowana,oscar,pacu outside whole winter.im in southern europe where temperatures go to about 0 celsius.and i planned to build pond 8 meters by 5 meters to maybe 1,5 meters.could this fish possibly survive there

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Absolutely not.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I don't think so. Unless you have some way of keeping the water at least in the mid 70's F or 20's Celsius.

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Then would you suggest me some coldwater fish that is cool to keep like arowana or oscars

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I would do native fish depending on where you live, you could go for some pike, perch, carp and bottoms dweller fish like tench and chub. As well as some trout if you can keep the water cool.

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Also in places like France have had large mouth and small mouth bass introduced so if you can get them then they should be able to handle the temps

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
I would do native fish depending on where you live, you could go for some pike, perch, carp and bottoms dweller fish like tench and chub. As well as some trout if you can keep the water cool.
i would want some interesting fish that is fun to watch when feed like arowana and oscar.i cant ge largemouth bass,chub for me is boring(i am keeping them now and they only run away from me).
i can keep brown,rainbow trout,common and crucian carp and red fin perch.)

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
i would want some interesting fish that is fun to watch when feed like arowana and oscar.i cant ge largemouth bass,chub for me is boring(i am keeping them now and they only run away from me).
i can keep brown,rainbow trout,common and crucian carp and red fin perch.)
If you want a fish like arowana and oscars then bass and pike would be the way to go, chub may be boring but you could keep them just to clean up, i would aslo do perch, carp amd maybe barbel its really what you lile amd something that cant be eaten

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
How about some pike? Would do really well.
Or you could do a sunfish pond with bluegills, pumpkinseeds and Redfin perch.

Stuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
I think carp would do better cleanin.pike and perch cant go together because pike would eat it.maybe i could do trout.(pond is filled by pump from river near by,its like cacth em all pond but instead of pool it is dug)maybe asp i am not sure

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store