Monster flagtail

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
656603C0-10EF-41CA-B3D8-2DAA6177ECC2.jpeg

I took this today sorry about glare.

This guy is super happy, loving life. His tail is incredible now. It used to be very drab but I would say it has 4 colours on it. Red, orange, yellow, and black. Very nice and defined lines in it.

Hard to get a good measurement or even picture. He’s too inquisitive. Any time I get even remotely close he starts begging. Any time I try to take a pic of any of the other fish I have to do it speedy or I get him photo bombing.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I took this today sorry about glare.

This guy is super happy, loving life. His tail is incredible now. It used to be very drab but I would say it has 4 colours on it. Red, orange, yellow, and black. Very nice and defined lines in it.

Hard to get a good measurement or even picture. He’s too inquisitive. Any time I get even remotely close he starts begging. Any time I try to take a pic of any of the other fish I have to do it speedy or I get him photo bombing.
Lol, well agreed Matthew, Flagtails are master photo bombers! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
So I am a little worried about this guy. I took the big tinfoil barbs out of his tank. Now instead of chasing them he goes after his reflection. He keeps doing a one inch punch, right into the glass. A full tank lap is fine for him but while he is just sitting there he nails the glass hard, numerous times a day.

I personally think he would do better in a bigger tank. My wife thinks he would just do the same thing in a bigger tank as well.

I have been keeping the water clean as possible. But now I am out of town for a few weeks wc will only be done on a weekly basis.

I might have a buyer lined up. A bigger home might be better. We will see here soon enough.

1DF9E908-7F08-4A9B-9FC5-AF1A827803D2.jpegEC18098D-6CD8-48A3-9285-7D7FA422AF77.jpeg4BCD0079-0073-4DD2-AA8C-A28BBE93B7B1.jpeg4C3FF3E3-05F5-4717-8A68-0F60F01E6CF4.jpeg149FE35C-7072-4A9D-BFF8-05A0A2346CC5.jpeg

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
So I am a little worried about this guy. I took the big tinfoil barbs out of his tank. Now instead of chasing them he goes after his reflection. He keeps doing a one inch punch, right into the glass. A full tank lap is fine for him but while he is just sitting there he nails the glass hard, numerous times a day.

I personally think he would do better in a bigger tank. My wife thinks he would just do the same thing in a bigger tank as well.

I have been keeping the water clean as possible. But now I am out of town for a few weeks wc will only be done on a weekly basis.

I might have a buyer lined up. A bigger home might be better. We will see here soon enough.
Well sorry to see that Matthew. As you know my FT fights his reflection quite a bit, but he's been doing it basically since I got him (and never had any dithers to chase) so maybe his nose area is just more used to it -- I've never seen it actually get injured like in your pix. Also I have to say that he doesn't really smash into the glass, just goes back and forth left to right a lot and quite quickly --I'm more worried about him having a heart attack lol.

But given that mine fights his reflection in a decent size tank (375), I would tend to agree with your wife; perhaps having some type of dithers is the key.

Reactions: Matteus

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada

View attachment 1382835View attachment 1382836View attachment 1382837View attachment 1382838View attachment 1382839
Damn brother! He doin that to himself? Lol

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
i agree dithers will be the solution, a bigger tank will probably help slightly, but not stop it completely. But really in this situation we are all just guessing lol

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store