Monster grand daddy...NOT!

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Hi MKFers...today was greeting by a pleasant surprise when I returned home from the office...wanted to feed the fishes in one of my tank and found that a pair of my King Kong Blood Parrots had laid eggs..literally almost covering the whole big dfirtwood!

The male is still trying to 'fertilise' the eggs. We all know that there is no way the eggs will hatch as all parrot fishes are sterile:

Close up shot of the eggs...I am not sure how many eggs are there...but its sure a hell yeah lots of them!

The proud parents guarding the eggs:

The tank shot...My Red Asian Aro hovering over the top and the rest of the tankmates seemed to be respecting the parents and not get too close to the breeding ground:

Hope u all enjoyed the pics..tot I would be Grand Dad soon if the eggs were to hatch...hahah...

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
piranha45 said:
slick! Sucks that they're gonna be forced to eat all their own eggs in a bit though.
Yeah..but i think I have an albino sucker in that tank that would be more than happy to suck them all away tonight!!

:grinno:

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
bro, remove all the tankmates except the pair of KKBP and your aro....the chances are still there for them to be hatched!

Good luck to you......... :)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
why do u say there not fertle. how are they farm raised if there sterle/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store