Monster Kok ZZ

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Hey guys & gals I have a doozy for y'all!

I just picked up this female.. that's right I said female. I already have too many female FH but I couldn't resist. I plan on pairing her with Pablo my male ZZ.

What percentage of the offspring would come out with massive heads?

Considering both the male and female are extremely red I could potentially create a strong line..

Screenshot_20200312-203109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200312-190152_Chrome.jpg

20200226_190656.jpg

20200226_190716.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I'd say atleast 50% of the fry are going have nice koks. Hopefully ya get that females pearling and full flowerline to transfer over to the fry as well. Idky but it always looks nice to see a FH with a nice full flowerline atleast imo. Pearls are always a plus. But yeah she looks allot better then my big kok girl lol mine is kind of drab in color atleast compared to yours.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I'd say atleast 50% of the fry are going have nice koks. Hopefully ya get that females pearling and full flowerline to transfer over to the fry as well. Idky but it always looks nice to see a FH with a nice full flowerline atleast imo. Pearls are always a plus. But yeah she looks allot better then my big kok girl lol mine is kind of drab in color atleast compared to yours.
My preferred look for the flowerline is that of a RTH. Perfectly size line right down the center. It's been a while since I seen individual well rounded even flowers..

How many generations do I breed back before I can introduce new genetics? Hopefully by generation 3 I could introduce wrap tail & colored fins..

I currently have 3 breeding projects with 2 more in the making... i might be getting a little carried away.. LMFAO

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
My preferred look for the flowerline is that of a RTH. Perfectly size line right down the center. It's been a while since I seen individual well rounded even flowers..

How many generations do I breed back before I can introduce new genetics? Hopefully by generation 3 I could introduce wrap tail & colored fins..

I currently have 3 breeding projects with 2 more in the making... i might be getting a little carried away.. LMFAO
Yeah I'd breed in atleast once or twice before adding new genetics to the mix just to be safe. You can always breed them back in after a few generations to re-enforce a certain trait.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
My only worry is female being aggressive towards the male, hope things workout for you.

My opinion, in breeding while does help getting desirable traits, also brings out deformities/other health issues. Introducing new genetics in fewer generations will require more culling but will produce healthier offsprings.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
My only worry is female being aggressive towards the male, hope things workout for you.

My opinion, in breeding while does help getting desirable traits, also brings out deformities/other health issues. Introducing new genetics in fewer generations will require more culling but will produce healthier offsprings.
That was my first thought, esp. if they are similar in size. She's a beauty, though. Test it out with a clear divider and see how they react to each other! Might have to take it slow, she looks like a firecracker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store