Silver Tier MooseMJ, Accomplished Aquaculturist

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
For MAY end of month voting:

Keeping freshwater stingrays is an incredibly difficult endeavor. Just rearing a pup (juvenile) to adulthood is a massive accomplishment that any fishkeeper can be proud of. These fish have extreme water quality and housing demands. The filtration, diet, and massive tanks demand your complete and constant dedication. They also can cost astronomical prices, and losses are pretty much guaranteed due to their extreme difficultly.

MooseMJ has consistently not only cared for his large and diverse stingray collection, but he has done it so successfully that they have produced HUGE volumes of offspring. Few in the stingray hobby have been fortunate to join the elite club of stingray breeders. Yet this gentleman has done it with at least 4 different species and I have lost track of how many pairs and combinations he has been successful with. You combine this with the prolific output, massive litters of up to 15 pups which is unheard of in the hobby, and it is clear he is in the most respected group of stingray breeders.

He is without a doubt a Capable Fish Breeder (Bronze level). Because of the diversity of species, the massive amount of pups he has produced (100's), and the long duration he has enjoyed his success, I believe Accomplished Fish Breeder (Silver level) is an appropriate award for this gentlemen.

Below is a thread with some of his recent work. He's produced 30 pups in only a matter of months. This is unheard of without a commercial sized stingray facility.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/plethora-of-pups.703167/

I proudly nominate moosemj moosemj for the Accomplished Fish Breeder Award. MFK please share your thoughts on his accomplishments and contributions to the hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Stingrays are very challenging to keep for most hobbyist including some who have been fish keeping for years. I'm astonished by moosemj moosemj accomplishments. Absolutely deserves the award and has my vote.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store