Most Personality???

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
thinking about it, if green terror is a good one then a flowerhorn should work as well (being a lone fish) they stay about the same size right?
Not necessarily, the GT would be a better choice because they tend to stay 10" and under with the occasional 12" specimen. Flowerhorns on average reach at least 12", and I have seen pictures of large males up to 15". Flowerhorns also grow quicker.
Now, shortbody flowerhorns are a different story, and would make a nice wet pet for this size tank. But the regular size guys would eventually get a little big.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
The fact that it's a bowfront will also limit your options unfortunately. Short body flowerhorn seems like the best idea.

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
In a tank that size I think a fully grown fh will work another option is a chocolate cichlid as they are very personable

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Parachromis loiselle only get 10", probably do a pair. Add a nice smaller Plec and maybe a dwarf giraffe catfish (macrostoma)

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Parachromis loiselle only get 10", probably do a pair. Add a nice smaller Plec and maybe a dwarf giraffe catfish (macrostoma)
They get a bit bigger IME. I had a 12" male.

I'm not sure if any parachromis can live in a 75g, especially a pair. If you have to divide them because of aggression, that's 2' of space for each fish.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
The most pet like and interactive fish i have ever owned was a porcupine puffer.
I have owned many large cichlids with personality but nothing came close to the puffer.
They truly are amazing fish.

Reactions: dan518

Bandit87

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Jags are also very interactive. Cubans too they also both look similar to the Hatiensis. Bigger personable fish would have to be solo in your tank. There's also smaller options. Acara's have a lot of personality. When I began hand feeding the acara's actually were the first to get over their fear of me. You could get a few of those. Or get an electric catfish. (my personal favorite) Hands down the most fearless fish I've had access to. Definitely a solo fish. Sometimes mine likes to swim and rest in my hand he bites me lightly when I try to take my hand out. Other days if it wants alone time it will let me know by shocking, biting hard (he has no teeth) and ramming. Very exciting fish I must say.
I vote Jag. Would make a decent grow out for one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store