MOVING! ?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Congrats Nik, I'm made up for you.

Keep this thread up to date, I'll be following, hopefully it'll all be good news along the journey, and no set backs!

Also glad to hear you're not aborting your minimally clad clothing policy whilst doing water changes at your new house! And on that subject....

Does anyone know where I can get a drone with a 4000 mile range!!! :drool:
I absolutely will keep this thread up to date, this far I’m starting to collect boxes.

we get the keys on September 14 ?

I’m working on getting a quote for someone else to move the 135g tank while I plan to move my smaller tanks in stages. The crappy part will be completely tearing down the tanks and setting them back up.

I’ll have to do slow acclimatize as I’m not sure how different the water is, it should be similar except the new water supply has fluoride added, not sure how that Will affect e fish.

Before I move I’ll be selling 13 baby zebra plecos .
The new house also needs some wiring updates and I might have extra plugs installed in my new fish room.

my new fish room also has water radiator heaters along the wall and carpet…not sure how this will affect the tanks either

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Congratulations on the house. That's something at fifty years of age I have still not accomplished.
I had worked really hard for the past 13 years to get to this point and in all honesty I wouldn’t be able to do it without the help of my bf.

I had 20,000 worth of dept to pay off, 10,000 of new schooling to pay for to get ahead in my career and now I’m finally at a point where I have a little for the down payment.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Okay well here’s my first big update….if I go missing at the beginning of October assume I’ve been murdered by my bf ?

my new fish room is currently carpet and I tried discussing with my bf about how important it is to get a new floor in my room before I move my fish in. He’s not having it, he said move the tanks on the carpet, when we are ready we will move the tanks tear the carpet out and replace floors ourselves and then move the tanks back in…..ummm no thank you, I want no pet of that.

so I may have went behind my bfs back and paid for an entire new floor in my fish room…and probably over paid! He’s definitely underestimated how important level water proof flooring is…I may even tell him my mom paid for my new floor ?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Okay well here’s my first big update….if I go missing at the beginning of October assume I’ve been murdered by my bf ?

my new fish room is currently carpet and I tried discussing with my bf about how important it is to get a new floor in my room before I move my fish in. He’s not having it, he said move the tanks on the carpet, when we are ready we will move the tanks tear the carpet out and replace floors ourselves and then move the tanks back in…..ummm no thank you, I want no pet of that.

so I may have went behind my bfs back and paid for an entire new floor in my fish room…and probably over paid! He’s definitely underestimated how important level water proof flooring is…I may even tell him my mom paid for my new floor ?
I'm extremely familiar with this. When I say no to my wife she just goes and does what the hell she wants anyway too! Lol.

But I've gotta say Nik, I'm right with you on this one. The only excuse I can muster for your bf is that the pressure of the move must be clouding his decision making!

Fitting out your fish room and then stripping it back down again to put a new floor in at a later date is a seriously bad idea, lol.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
When I say no to my wife she just goes and does what the hell she wants anyway too! Lol.
You might as well say let me think about it before you say no because she's going do it like you stated. Tbh I was asked to move all my aquariums to the basement and I said no lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Niki_up

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
The very notion of thinking about removing mouldy carpets and drywall if it spreads is cringy to me. (I deal with fungal assessments at work and know how bad it gets in the places you cannot see).
I did spend an exceptional amount of money and most likely overpaid probably paid between $13-17 per square foot. I really won’t know until it’s installed and I get the final cost.? but time made me make the decision.
I’m glad to hear I’m not the only defiant wife (gf) haha

Reactions: jjohnwm

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
You might as well say let me think about it before you say no because she's going do it like you stated. Tbh I was asked to move all my aquariums to the basement and I said no lol.
And you survived to re-tell the tale ?

• Haha
Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've been surviving for 34+ years ?
Make her sit through "Aquarium of the dead", Tom. Trust me, your 34 year run of good luck will come to an abrupt end!!! Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store