Moving fish tank to another house.

Finthusiast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi I have a 75g freshwater aquarium and have only one mayan cichlid living in there. I am about to be moving and am wondering what the safest way to make sure my tank gets moved and keeps its cycle. Please any info is appreciated. Also how to keep my fish safe while preparing his tank bavk to normal. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I have a 75g freshwater aquarium and have only one mayan cichlid living in there. I am about to be moving and am wondering what the safest way to make sure my tank gets moved and keeps its cycle. Please any info is appreciated. Also how to keep my fish safe while preparing his tank bavk to normal. Thanks in advance!
Place fish and bio-media in a tote or bucket with water from the aquarium. When you set aquarium back up just fill with water add your dechlorinator and replace the bio-media in your filter. Add your Mayan. Personally wouldn't disturb the substrate if possible and if you have driftwood or ornaments place them in a bucket with aquarium water because they will have beneficial live Bacteria on them.

Finthusiast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2019
Alright sounds simple enough just being delicate in the process and timely for fish sake lol I appreciatw the info I will update when I move!

Reactions: tlindsey

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Place fish and bio-media in a tote or bucket with water from the aquarium. When you set aquarium back up just fill with water add your dechlorinator and replace the bio-media in your filter. Add your Mayan. Personally wouldn't disturb the substrate if possible and if you have driftwood or ornaments place them in a bucket with aquarium water because they will have beneficial live Bacteria on them.
Basically if it's in the tank water now, try to keep it in the tank water during the move. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store