Mudskippers

carsonrm01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2020
I tried posting this in the brackish section but got no responses so I decided to put it here. Ive been wanting to get mudskippers but I know nothing about them. How would I care for them? (tank setup, feeding, tank mates, etc...)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I tried posting this in the brackish section but got no responses so I decided to put it here. Ive been wanting to get mudskippers but I know nothing about them. How would I care for them? (tank setup, feeding, tank mates, etc...)
I know for sure the aquarium will need to be humid and setup like a Paludarium. I remember years ago feeding them Crickets and they will learn to eat prepared foods...There are Brakish and Freshwater species if I remember correctly.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
When I had muds kipper years ago, they were in a half full brackish tank with large flat rocks for them to get out of the water. I had a couple archers, a dragon goby, and figure 8 puffers in with them. Had this tank for a couple years w no problems other than I tried to add a couple of large Halloween crabs, and the skippers ate them. Mudskipper are really cool. Mine ate crickets and chunks of bloodworms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store