Murderer on the loose

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
hey I’m new here. I have a 750 gallon tank. Had 33 fish and now down to 21. Something has been killing my fish in the last couple months and I can’t tell who the killer is. I suspect it might be my giant remora (almost 2.5 feet)...anyone have experience with these?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
This is what I have left:

Fish/inventory list x21

Eels: x3

Japanese dragon eel x 2

Tesselata moray

Groupers: x2

miniatus grouper

Clown grouper

Tangs: x3

Blue hippo tang (Dory)

Unicorn tang

Naso tang

Angels: x2

Imperator angel

Annularis angel

Triggers: x3

Crosshatch trigger (female)

Undulated trigger

Pinktail trigger

Foxfaces: x2

Magnificent fox face

bicolor fox face

Sharks: x2

Bamboo shark

Remora shark

Misc: x4

Threadfin Snapper

Soapfish

Black volitan lionfish

Golden puffer

In the last 3 mos, I’ve lost 12 fish: 6 different triggers, yellow tang, squirrel fish, blue face angel, cow fish, cubicus, sohal tang

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That is an awesome list...it reads like a who's who of high end marine fish and sounds like a saltwater JDM tank. I have my suspicions as to who the suspects might be...you do have one of the most aggressive saltwater species listed lol...Do you have any photos of your tank?

Reactions: Davidiator

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I love the thread title, awesome list I too would love to see pics of the tank too

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
I think the remora might be the killer but I have no evidence. He’s just a food hog and my fish that have died all have been super healthy with no signs of injury. Then boom...dead and half eaten when I get home!

590CEECB-855E-44A2-9E48-1C456A2B40AF.jpeg

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
I know I have an aggressive tank...in fact, people have nicknamed it “Thunderdome.” Lol...that said, I’ve never in my 6 years of doing this experienced a string of losses like this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store