Mutant!!

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Yeah I've had quite a few bettas in my time lol. Most ended up living in my 55g and I had 1 of em that was like greased lightning in there. He was a double tail halfmoon plakat if I'm remembering correctly. He kind of looked like a fighter plane with how his body was designed. I'll post a pic of him if I can find any.
Also he was by far the meanest betta I have ever had. He would attack any fish and even my cat threw the glass lol.

View attachment 1427171

View attachment 1427172
He is beautiful! Love his blue color, my favorite color actually, the deep blue. and yes, he looks like a fighter plane for sure. Meaner the longer they live especially in community tank. :) Yes, he has double tails, I didn't notice that in any betta so far, I will start noticing that as I learn! thanks for some pointers about betta. I wanted to keep some but space is constraint in my home.. hehehehe fighter plane (seeing photos again!), ditto!!

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
A fine specimen of Photoshoppus imaginarius, likely wild caught from the region of the Shangri-la/Styx river delta.

Tough to keep in aquariums, as they require an almost constant supply of gullibility as a food source and often don't allow close scrutiny. They have a habit of going into hiding the day before an observer attempts to see one. It likely took an extremely skilled phographer to document this one.

Edited to add: just checked out the actual video instead of looking at the still photo. What a disappointment...:)
Great info! by the way, have you linked the video ? can't find link.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Great info! by the way, have you linked the video ? can't find link.
I just watched the video in your original post. Cute little fish, but was expecting the monstrous beast in the photo...

Reactions: AlphaTintu

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Oh yes that thumbnail whosoever put in the video was photoshopped :) but yes that betta as I and Magnus_bane discussed, that little fella is colorful yet doesn't look healthy.
Lol a betta with a kok is one thing but even worse would be a FH with ridiculously long fins. Could ya even imagine how bad of a swimmer a FH with that long of fins would be? Lol just having a kok the size of a golf ball makes it hard enough for em to swim, I can't even imagine how much harder it would be with "almost literal" window curtains for fins.

• Haha
Reactions: AlphaTintu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store