My 125g AC tank

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Are you looking for verification of identification on your Jalo Reefs and your acei? Or...how can we help you?

Reactions: pakash

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
The below link has a good picture to compare yours to. I would think with a large enough group, you should have atleast one dominate male getting more distinct colors than the others. Also if you purchased these from the same place as your "acei" I would doubt any of their names. A better pic may help, but your acei look alot like juvenile borelyi.

Reactions: Milingu and pakash

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
The below link has a good picture to compare yours to. I would think with a large enough group, you should have atleast one dominate male getting more distinct colors than the others. Also if you purchased these from the same place as your "acei" I would doubt any of their names. A better pic may help, but your acei look alot like juvenile borelyi.

Nice but my dominant male doesnt have black face, maybe it is small but im not sure

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Also if you purchased these from the same place as your "acei" I would doubt any of their names. A better pic may help, but your acei look alot like juvenile borelyi.
Exactly.
In the other thread I was not so sure about the "Cynotilapia". But seeing the so called acei from the same source I would say hybrids.

• Sad
Reactions: pakash
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store