My 26 inches Aimara in the tank

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
That is a nice fish. Can live 10-20 years maybe, possibly longer. Captive size noones raised one past the supposed 30" guess by fc3. But he's only had his for around five years as well I believe. Max size in the wild, wes reports up to over 4' fish. Definitely above 3'. You'll need a larger tank if that's why your asking. Especially since wolves are girthy fish, not very flexible.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Very nice monster aimara you've raised. I've heard of arowanas being 30 years old so I would say most fish have the potential especially an aimara to mature through it's normal life cycle. This aimara is quite nice, pitch black, is it an amapa? I have one too but only around 17"

Reactions: moe214

mdmuping

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
on the Earth
Very nice monster aimara you've raised. I've heard of arowanas being 30 years old so I would say most fish have the potential especially an aimara to mature through it's normal life cycle. This aimara is quite nice, pitch black, is it an amapa? I have one too but only around 17"
from Venezuela. not Amapa. Most fish in Thailand are imported from VZ

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Nice. Any observations you want to share over the 7 years you've had him? I'm guessing you had a lot of growth at the start and then it slowed down the past couple years?

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
I had one when they were legal. I got rid of it at 18" very cool fish but wanted to eat everything that hits the water including my hands

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store