My 280 reset

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I think this tank is done. Now gotta grow them out and get down to a pair or trio of the Caquetaia Myersi who are the main attraction. This is my fourth attempt with these fish. Always have lost them when they hit 7-8”. Something always go awry. They are tough as hell on eachother too and I just lost the runt to aggression this weekend. With the rays removed I can add wood to create more cover near the bottom. Several more pieces of wood were added. Let’s hope it works.

You’ll also see that the Crenicichla Multispinosa have paired off and usually hang in the wood and rock pike on the back left corner of the tank. I’m hoping they continue to color up and get that red bottom.

Albino aro will either be sold or go into another tank in the future. The black will likely stay.

Over time I’ll remove one of the “spare” Multispinosa to end with a trio. A trio of Myersi if they make it to adulthood, the black aro, the Boulengerella, and the three Acnodon Normani. The Chalceus will go into a new tank that I plan to set up for a third Crenicichla species that I’ll combine with some medium sized mid water cichlids like wild angels or something.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
As stunning as always. Good look with the myersi, hardly ever see decent sized adults about.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
As stunning as always. Good look with the myersi, hardly ever see decent sized adults about.
Thanks dan518 dan518 . I agree on the adults. Only two folks I know of that had them. They are tough to raise. Hoping someone can chime in.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Great tank. And the fish are excellent. I can't stop watching those pike.

Look forward to seeing how the myersi develop and mature as a (hopeful) trio.

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Great tank. And the fish are excellent. I can't stop watching those pike.

Look forward to seeing how the myersi develop and mature as a (hopeful) trio.
Thank you. I’m hopeful that these Myersi will make it all the way. They get really hard on eachother as they grow and they become really susceptible to random ailments. Had my last grown pair where the pair whittled down 5 of their 6 mates to become a trio. And then, out of no where, both male and female got a severe case of vertigo and perished. Don’t know what it was. Water was fine and all other fish, including the somewhat sensitive Rio tapajos pikes were fine.

Reactions: cockroach

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
I think this tank is done. Now gotta grow them out and get down to a pair or trio of the Caquetaia Myersi who are the main attraction. This is my fourth attempt with these fish. Always have lost them when they hit 7-8”. Something always go awry. They are tough as hell on eachother too and I just lost the runt to aggression this weekend. With the rays removed I can add wood to create more cover near the bottom. Several more pieces of wood were added. Let’s hope it works.

You’ll also see that the Crenicichla Multispinosa have paired off and usually hang in the wood and rock pike on the back left corner of the tank. I’m hoping they continue to color up and get that red bottom.

Albino aro will either be sold or go into another tank in the future. The black will likely stay.

Over time I’ll remove one of the “spare” Multispinosa to end with a trio. A trio of Myersi if they make it to adulthood, the black aro, the Boulengerella, and the three Acnodon Normani. The Chalceus will go into a new tank that I plan to set up for a third Crenicichla species that I’ll combine with some medium sized mid water cichlids like wild angels or something.

That’s beautiful man! I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store