My 7 clown loaches(video) - 1 year old and they haven't grown at all.???!!

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
Seems like mine have reabsorbed their eggs. Only one still looks fat.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Seems like mine have reabsorbed their eggs. Only one still looks fat.
Mine might have gotten a little smaller but still looks a little fat. I took the picture this morning. This is a good way for me to compare with previous pic.
IMG_20200108_152747.jpg

Also the more I look at my current stock, the more I think I have two females and one make in the group.

I have the original remaining female and male.

I think the 5 newer ones are likely 4 males and one female. I've mentioned before that one is clearly growing faster than the others. The three others are all about the same size. The final one is one I adopted that supposedly was 4-5 years old already so he's clearly a male if that's true bc he's same size as the three I think are males (I've had them about 19 months).

Last edited:
Reactions: squint and BigShawn

Uglyknob

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Lakeland, FL
Can you just sex them based on their tendency to chest bump? I have three that are a bit smaller than the two largest and they gray out and do their cute little 'I'm the boss' dance for 5 minutes or so. I'd say probably once every two weeks. I just assumed those were males for sure. There are 2 others in there, but they were added after the fact and haven't fully settled in yet. Of course, once they get real big, I guess they would be long past doing that...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store