My aro is Crazy

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
my aro just started to go really crazy will he grow out of it or should i be worried for him every time i step in my room he goes crazy he jumps hides and hits his head. he has never ben like this how could i calm him down.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
My aro tends to dart around when I first walk into the room. He'll grow outve it somewhat. I just try to not Spook him.

dapike1979

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
joeytoe said:
I just try to not Spook him.
How long have you had him for? He will eventually get use to you some day!! :D

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
dapike1979 said:
How long have you had him for? He will eventually get use to you some day!! :D
Ive had him a few months now.

cougar579

Candiru
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Aros are jumpy fish, some more than others. Just take your time when your walking by the tank or doing maintence. I have had aros that for no reason just thrash in the tank. I once had a huge silver that would splash water(swim fast back and forth until he made a mess) if I didn't feed him in the evenings.

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
my aro is pretty jumpy too...actually every aro i've ever had was jumpy...except my old jardi...but yeah, silvers tend to be jumpy of almost everything...i've never had one larger then 12" though, so i don't know if they grow out of it like most fish.

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
try covering the tank for awhile to let your aro settle down, check if anyone is tapping the aquarium while your not around

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
thefishofdoom said:
my aro just started to go really crazy will he grow out of it or should i be worried for him every time i step in my room he goes crazy he jumps hides and hits his head. he has never ben like this how could i calm him down.
hes in a grow out tank right?

do you have a bigger tank for em?

if you do

put him in the bigger tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store