My Arowana Tank

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hope to use this thread to do updates on the tank.

Currently, I am thinking of selling the 6 peacock bass and introduce some larger gold fish

I also shifted 3 indo tigers ( 7,9,11 inches) from the tank to the african cichlid tank as they were all black and they are on pellets too

Surprisingly, they had remain stable ever since they were in the african cichlids tank... smallest 1 for a week as a trial and the 2 larger has been in for 2 days

20191013_033156.jpg

20191012_193045.jpg

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hope to use this thread to do updates on the tank.

Currently, I am thinking of selling the 6 peacock bass and introduce some larger gold fish

I also shifted 3 indo tigers ( 7,9,11 inches) from the tank to the african cichlid tank as they were all black and they are on pellets too

Surprisingly, they had remain stable ever since they were in the african cichlids tank... smallest 1 for a week as a trial and the 2 larger has been in for 2 days
Looking good. Btw, how do you keep the pothos suspended above the tank but still protect from fish possibly jumping out? Also have you seen any noticeable effect on nitrate levels?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Looking good. Btw, how do you keep the pothos suspended above the tank but still protect from fish possibly jumping out? Also have you seen any noticeable effect on nitrate levels?
the tank has glass lids... i just inserted the plant roots between the glass lids and the edge of the tank and squash it lol

not sure if it helps with the nitrate... when i started out, it was only 2 x 1.5m long pothos laid along the top of the tank with very short roots.... and it just kept on growing... i had to trim it many times as it was hanging over the side and back of my tanks as well as attaching itself to the wall.....

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
the tank has glass lids... i just inserted the plant roots between the glass lids and the edge of the tank and squash it lol

not sure if it helps with the nitrate... when i started out, it was only 2 x 1.5m long pothos laid along the top of the tank with very short roots.... and it just kept on growing... i had to trim it many times as it was hanging over the side and back of my tanks as well as attaching itself to the wall.....
With that many roots in the tank I would bet $5 Sing dollars it's having some positive effect on your nitrates. Someday I might try to incorporate similar into my Aro tanks. But neither tank is very close to a wall, figuring out where to make it grow without encumbering tank access or lighting is the mini-challenge, esp. given how fast the stuff grows.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
If I not wrong, it does not need much lighting

As for access, can just pull it up and cut it away..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store