my beloved bearded dragon puked today and im not sure how to address her health issues

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
i picked my beardie up todaya nd she threw up clear fluid with brown in it. the fluid was also bubbling out of her nose an hour later. i dont know that ill be able to take her to the vet and i have no idea what to do. im hoping dehydration is the cause so ill be giving her extra water. her beard is black and eyes rolled back in head so ik shes stressed. she pooped and it looks like she might still be trying to poop bc her eyes are still rolled back. maybe shes impacted but i dont think thats the case.

i read a post on a forum with a beardie with similar issues and they took their beardie to the vet to find that she had a fatty liver and could only have juice for the next week. is that the treatment i should follow through with? does anyone have suggestions on what can be done?
shell be getting plenty of heat and water but im not sure what else to do.

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
she was 8 and had good bone density so im not sure why she couldnt lay, possibly improper temps.

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
thanks guys it was pretty rough. she was being suffocated by her own eggs pressing against her chest. in the future ill either only get males or take my females in for regular x rays.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Males are more aggressive. Mine will bite if threatened. Never had any health issues besides fungus around the mouth, which was dealt with painstakingly. Males need to be solo. Mine bullied my Desert Tortoises when I put them together. Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Deadeye

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello djsaltynuts djsaltynuts ,
Sorry about your loss. I would have a chat with the person you got it from. It sounds like you got sold a sick Beardie.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store