My Caribe just cant seem to shed this little patch of Ich?

SwissTrees

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Ohio
Hey guys...

Well my Caribe picked up this bout of (what I assumed was Ich from the looks of it) at least a month ago if not slightly longer from when I remember first seeing it. Well, he still has it in the one little area on his right side behind the gill (see video clip). I figured from the life cycle of Ich it would have at least dropped off by now?

Ive been doing weekly water changes and the tank temp has been at a steady 78F. It hasn't spread other than that one patch. I have got him to eat some garlic stuffed shrimp pieces over the course of a month to help boost the immune system but its still lingering. Any thoughts? I have read it can take up to ~8 weeks sometimes but I figured given his fresh water and high-ish temps it would have sped up the process. He acts normal and is always active and eating well so im kind of at a loss.

SwissTrees

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Ohio
Doesn't look like ich to me. Not sure what it is though.
Oh well dang! Maybe I need to post it in the health section to get some other opinions?
I have seen the little white dots of ich on other fish and just assumed thats what it was.

SwissTrees

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Ohio
Bump temp and add salt.
Yeah its been at ~85 since I posted the original. SO a little over a week. Does it look like ich to you? I feel like it has lasted a long time even for the life cycle for low temps?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store