Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Not to much to update, Wertheimeria growing really well but has a long way to go to join the other cats. Also picked up a Batrochoglanis sp 2 from Tuic to grow out in the 55 for a bit. Plan is to hopefully get a 180 or at least another 125 later this year to replace my current 55 gallon. The plan would then be to move the residents of the 55 into the current 125 and move some of the current residents of the 125 into the 180. Also plan on changing the decor and adding new substrate the current 125 when I do all of this.
Some pictures of the Platysilurus, also pics of the Batrochoglanis when I got it (been hiding since) in the meantime, will try to get pics/video of the Wertheimeria in the next few days.

IMG_2164.jpgIMG_2162.jpgIMG_2160.jpgIMG_2159.jpgE9RNP2YX0AIibWQ.jpgE9RNP2VXIAIMPW6.jpg

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
Nice batrochoglanis! I too spotted them @ T.U.I.C., a Colombian species. From their website it names the river of origin, from the eastern part of the country. From my research, 2 species of batrochoglanis are endemic to Colombia, b. transmontanus from coastal rivers in the west and b. villosus in the eastern portion and into Venezuela and the Orinoco system. Yours looks very close to my Peruvian batrochoglanis cf. villosus. Yours seems to be less shy than the Peruvian one's I've kept and obviously doesn't require live feeder fish as some do, nice! The species usually won't tolerate their own kind but can be fine with other catfish species. If possible in the near future I may get a Colombian one as well, it would be most interesting to me to compare the differences in morphology and behavior, if they are the same species, from specimens from distinctly separate populations. It will be very interesting to see how yours develops and grows in the future...

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Nice batrochoglanis! I too spotted them @ T.U.I.C., a Colombian species. From their website it names the river of origin, from the eastern part of the country. From my research, 2 species of batrochoglanis are endemic to Colombia, b. transmontanus from coastal rivers in the west and b. villosus in the eastern portion and into Venezuela and the Orinoco system. Yours looks very close to my Peruvian batrochoglanis cf. villosus. Yours seems to be less shy than the Peruvian one's I've kept and obviously doesn't require live feeder fish as some do, nice! The species usually won't tolerate their own kind but can be fine with other catfish species. If possible in the near future I may get a Colombian one as well, it would be most interesting to me to compare the differences in morphology and behavior, if they are the same species, from specimens from distinctly separate populations. It will be very interesting to see how yours develops and grows in the future...
I am very exited to see how it grows, the main reason this fish even caught my eye was because of reading your Batrochoglanis posts.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yes, update please.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Mmmmmm, interesting to see some poorly fish, even in the huge tanks and no doubt good conditions of a zoo.

apologies, had not realised these were on Iamfish Iamfish thread of their catfish. Maybe should have been on a new thread as unrelated.

Reactions: Hao
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store