Feeder Fish
Mar 23, 2023
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
61-70%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So my large male electric blue acara was fine yesterday. He loves to swim in the currents of my Wave Runner and then just let the waves push him back and he'll do this over and over. He's a very playful fish and this morning I found him in the tank acting very unusual in the corner with his pectoral fins facing the wrong direction instead of covering his body going from the front to the back they were covering his face facing from the back forward I have pictures included. I couldn't find any information on what this could possibly be online. I'm going to go ahead and treat him for a bacterial infection because his stomach does also look a little bit concave but is it possible that someone just beat him up enough to wear his fins are bent backward? Any help would be greatly appreciated I love this fish so very much he was my very first tropical fish and I really don't want anything to happen to him.

20230323_102542~3.jpg

20230323_102537.jpg

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
So my large male electric blue acara was fine yesterday. He loves to swim in the currents of my Wave Runner and then just let the waves push him back and he'll do this over and over. He's a very playful fish and this morning I found him in the tank acting very unusual in the corner with his pectoral fins facing the wrong direction instead of covering his body going from the front to the back they were covering his face facing from the back forward I have pictures included. I couldn't find any information on what this could possibly be online. I'm going to go ahead and treat him for a bacterial infection because his stomach does also look a little bit concave but is it possible that someone just beat him up enough to wear his fins are bent backward? Any help would be greatly appreciated I love this fish so very much he was my very first tropical fish and I really don't want anything to happen to him.

View attachment 1515509

View attachment 1515510
Looks like the wave maker either broke or bent his fin I would recommend moving it to the right side and seeing if it goes back

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store