My fire eel

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
After his recent move to the new tank, he had become very shy and preferred to hide a lot.

Now has returned to being the attention whore that he is, always at the forefront front begging for more food, gave me an opportunity to shoot a few pics, will post em here.

DSC_6513.jpg

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Great pic, I just bought one off a bloke who had told the lfs it had outgrown his 6ft by 18 inch tank, I didn't believe when he said it was over 18 inches and as thick as a cucumber. It was huge when I got there and he is young.

Anyway, he took a week to settle and is now starting to look hard for food and he has just eaten 4 massive worms. The previous owner only fed 100+ live river shrimps per week so I am going to have to get him on to frozen fish, mussels and prawns etc..

I love that pic of your Eel, great photography skills. What does it eat most of the time?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Great pic, I just bought one off a bloke who had told the lfs it had outgrown his 6ft by 18 inch tank, I didn't believe when he said it was over 18 inches and as thick as a cucumber. It was huge when I got there and he is young.

Anyway, he took a week to settle and is now starting to look hard for food and he has just eaten 4 massive worms. The previous owner only fed 100+ live river shrimps per week so I am going to have to get him on to frozen fish, mussels and prawns etc..

I love that pic of your Eel, great photography skills. What does it eat most of the time?
Nice find, if the fish has already lived in a tank, he should settle down soon.

mine took me almost 40 months to get him to eat something other than live earthworms and live shrimps(neocaridina and macrobrachium).

When I moved him from a small to a bigger tank, he didn't come out in the open for almost 40days, now he is back to being normal and comes out in the open to eat from my hand

Reactions: Just Toby

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india

Reactions: biggfish

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
He does look a chunky boy.
My one has taken frozen prawns and frozen king prawns today from my hand (I cut the king prawns length ways) I am really pleases it has only taken a week or so to get him hand feeding frozen as the previous owner only ever fed live river shrimp, now we will see him fill out well.

View attachment 1274188

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

Reactions: biggfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store