My first Peacock Bass

Tristan & Cichlid

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2023
Swifterbant, the Netherlands
Hello all,

Last week I acquired my very first Peacock, I always wanted one but was afraid to take the plunge.
Finally decided to take this little guy / gal home. He is now in quarantine but will soon be in the 90 gallon growout tank.

The little one was sold to me as an Cichla Ocellaris, what do you guys think? Is it indeed an Ocellaris or is it something else? Is there a way to see if it is wc or cb?
I am very excited to see how the little one will turn out! Luckily he already accepts and greedely eats Hikari Vibra Bites, so that is a win for me.

peacock 1.jpgpeacock 2.jpg

Tristan & Cichlid

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2023
Swifterbant, the Netherlands
awesome dude!! mind asking where you got them?
Thanks! I got the Peacock at my LFS in Raalte (small town in the netherlands) This LFS specializes in the bigger and more exotic fishtrade. I also got my wild caught Colombian Oscars from them and according to Duanes they are Astronotus Mikolji. I am also very excited to grow these out and see what kind of looks the future holds for them. Can you perhaps confirm that my Peacock is a Cichla Oscellaris? Or if you think it is something else I will be curious about your opinion.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store