My flower horn has an uneven skin texture on its head

Niraj

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2020
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
61-70%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
It’s been almost 4-5 days now that I noticed the skin texture on my flower horns head is not normal. I looked online but couldn’t get any answers. When checked with my local fish shop, they mentioned that he must’ve hurt it as there are no signs for any disease. Today there is slight black spot on the side. Attached pictures for the same. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Niraj

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2020
He behaves absolutely normal. But it’s not a pleasant sight to see. Kindly help as I’m not sure if my fish is even suffering.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
He behaves absolutely normal. But it’s not a pleasant sight to see. Kindly help as I’m not sure if my fish is even suffering.
No your fish isn't suffering in the least. It's completely natural. He's just showing his age is all. Think of em as wrinkles on a person, as a person ages more and more they get more and more wrinkles, some wrinkle more then others. It's nothing to worry about.

Btw he is a very nice looking male ya got there. Awesome finnage. Just keep up the good work and he'll be around for many years to come.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store