my flowerhorn has ich/ick

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
The more you move the fish the more it will be stressed and the longer it's going to take your fish to heal. If your tank is leaking it would probably be in the best interest of your fish to get it to another tank before it drains out. And make sure that tank is not leaking onto an outlet.... that's got bad news written all over it. Make sure the parameters are good in the 30 gallon before you move it. That FH will be good in a 30 gallon for a few months before it needs moved. Good luck
It's not leaking but just cracking, the glass is starting to glass. The location my tank is on the floor and when I changed the water, water got everywhere and obviously it goes to the outlet and almost undeer the refrigerator where that big box of electricity is.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
It's not leaking but just cracking, the glass is starting to glass. The location my tank is on the floor and when I changed the water, water got everywhere and obviously it goes to the outlet and almost undeer the refrigerator where that big box of electricity is.
My house is built on a house so the floor is uneven and yesterday I didn't even know till my parents told me how dangerous it was. So should I put the 55 gallon away and put it in the 30 gallon permanently unless I move and the 30 gallon spot is safe and no cracks at all

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
My house is built on a house so the floor is uneven and yesterday I didn't even know till my parents told me how dangerous it was. So should I put the 55 gallon away and put it in the 30 gallon permanently unless I move and the 30 gallon spot is safe and no cracks at all
Built on a hill* and about the ick the fh got ick all over it body now

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Did you add aquarium salt yet? Chances are it's not going away on its own. Your fish is stressed which more than likely caused the ick

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
what is the temp at? if it's not at 85-87 get it there. Drop your water level a bit- it will create more surface water disturbance which will make it hard for the ich to hold itself together.
Salt - Raised Temps- water turbulence
get a bigger tank stress will cause ich too

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Well I didn't have time to buy salt or cure for ick, but I did changed 40-50% water which led to electricity topic lol because I spill some of it.

Well anyways seems like without salt or ich cure is working, I just raised the temperature and it's lowered back to 84-86 last night and I just got home from school and most of the ick seem to decreased.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Well I didn't have time to buy salt or cure for ick, but I did changed 40-50% water which led to electricity topic lol because I spill some of it.

Well anyways seems like without salt or ich cure is working, I just raised the temperature and it's lowered back to 84-86 last night and I just got home from school and most of the ick seem to decreased.
Like it was all over his body, tail, kok, mouth. All of that disappeared only a few white spot remained on his mouth

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
It's not gone. It just looks better because of the nature of the ich life cycle has been sped up with it being warmer. You'll still need to treat with salt or eventually it will kill your fish.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
It's not gone. It just looks better because of the nature of the ich life cycle has been sped up with it being warmer. You'll still need to treat with salt or eventually it will kill your fish.
Oops I forgot it is reproducing multiplying in the substrate or free swimming, so how do kill it? I am scared to change the water now.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Changing the water is good. You want to vacuum the substrate really well and do big water changes to cut back on how many are free swimming. You'll need to add the salt or another treatment of your choice(I've used kordon ich attack in the past) salt just works the best and the fastest. Whatever you choose to use you'll be treating for a few weeks to be sure it's really gone.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store