my flowerhorn has ich/ick

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Aquarium salt is cheap. A bag of it is like $2.50 at Walmart. It will continue to live in your aquarium/substrate until it is all killed. You need to treat with salt or it will not go away and will eventually kill your fish

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Changing the water is good. You want to vacuum the substrate really well and do big water changes to cut back on how many are free swimming. You'll need to add the salt or another treatment of your choice(I've used kordon ich attack in the past) salt just works the best and the fastest. Whatever you choose to use you'll be treating for a few weeks to be sure it's really gone.
Well here is this stage I am about to face, I am about to get rid of the 55 gallon and put it in the garage for now, till the big house or old dinning room is fixed and I'll able to put it here which has a lot of space and a sink.

Well I CAN't tell the temperature in the 30 gallon, but I'll use the 55 gallon heater for 30 gallon. Here is the thing, there is saltwater fish living in it, can I just wash the tank or do i have to clean it out completely? We're giving away the saltwater fish to a friend of my brother

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Aquarium salt is cheap. A bag of it is like $2.50 at Walmart. It will continue to live in your aquarium/substrate until it is all killed. You need to treat with salt or it will not go away and will eventually kill your fish
I am about to go to walmart, the deal was to put my 55 gallon away for a PS4. I'll try my best to find one at my super Walmart, but I bet they won't since I don't see a pet section for this one.

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Even the tiny Walmart in the hood in my town carries it lol. You'll be fine. If they don't have it look for epsom salt. And to get the salinity out of a tank you need to scrub it pretty good and thoroughly clean all filters. I would not use the same substrate unless it his been washed very well

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Listen to Brandonclark88 Brandonclark88 on this. I have no clue about salt water setups.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Even the tiny Walmart in the hood in my town carries it lol. You'll be fine. If they don't have it look for epsom salt. And to get the salinity out of a tank you need to scrub it pretty good and thoroughly clean all filters. I would not use the same substrate unless it his been washed very well
Well the ich has fallen off my flowerhorn completely and he seem very tired and stressed scratching himself with gravels.

And I see this little small white dots on my glass, and the creepy thing that it can move like a bunch of them and I scrub them off but they keep coming back. Are they ich in some kind of stage or reproducing?

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Just do us all a favor and do the salt treatment before your fish dies
Ok so I used 1 teaspoon for each 5 gallon for my 55 gallon and used half of the aquarium salt bag from Walmart. I swear if this doesn't work or kill my fish, I will break my tank (if it kill my fish)

I also got a PS4, so enjoying both of this thing and especially looking and see'ing my flowerhorn recovering it color will get rid a lot of my stress

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store