My humble cichlid tank

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Did you raise the Heckelli with the Mbuna?
Heckelli i only got them recently, couple of weeks back i think.... so far so good....

fed them hikari floating pellets as well as sinking pellets.... all eating

tanks placed outdoors, temperature is about 28-31 degrees celsius on average... or about 84-88 fahrenheit

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Heckelli i only got them recently, couple of weeks back i think.... so far so good....

fed them hikari floating pellets as well as sinking pellets.... all eating

tanks placed outdoors, temperature is about 28-31 degrees celsius on average... or about 84-88 fahrenheit

The Heckelli will eat or try anything offered lol.

Reactions: Toiletcar

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Initially they not eating, started eating after few days but I think their red flowing dorsal fins keep getting nipped off

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Those are a strange mix of fish.
Water required by heckelii and mbuna are at polar opposites.
Heckelii like very soft acidic water and don't fair well in hard water,becoming very prone to bacterial infections.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i have to admit i just buy cichlids i like and then put them in... so far so good... from the picture you can even see dwarf mbuna and demasoni (2-3cm) and they are already in there for a couple of months together with the large Livingstonii and Malawi Eyebiter, Dimidiochromis compressiceps about 6 inches

but the good news is there is a pair or 2 cichlids has been spawning for the past few months.

Realised spawning occurs when the rocks are all placed to the rear of the tank in a straight line so now i placed them all over the tank instead

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Whats going on with those syno cats in the pic tward the center of the tank? Two of them look mangled or something.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store