My Jungle

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
IMG_6774.JPG Realized there aren't really any pictures of my tank on here so here's a fairly recent one. Water level is down in this shot because I was about to add several larger pieces of driftwood. Waiting on some more wood that I've been working on for a special arrangement and also have a current satellite + on order. Mostly just for the special effects but it will also add a little more light for daytime growth. I place stuff in the tank as naturally as I can and then it usually gets rearranged by the catfish and other fish so the tank has developed a sort of wild unkept look that I'm in love with.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Controlled Chaos- thats a name i can live with! Ill try and get a pic with the new wood in when i get home tonight. added several decent sized pieces of malaysian driftwood for the datnoids to hide in and cleared out some plants to allow for better light penetration so i can add more low growing leafy plants since that picture

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Looks awesome I love seeing planted tanks in large tanks

Reactions: Experiment397

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
wow beautiful tank, love the chaotic look but comes off natural. How many gallons is the tank and are you utilizing co2?
its a 125, using a small co2 system, going to be upgrading to a 20lb pressurized system soon however. plants have mainly been grown from good lighting. tank has 2 dual 36" T5HO fixtures running a floramax and a 6000k bulb each and then a 48" 6000k +RGB Satellite LED plus fixture. Just went through and did my monthly trimming so the tank looks fairly sparse right now but will be back up to its regular dense growth soon enough.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store