my little petsmart trimacs

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
Well i picked up 2 petsmart trimacs and i do believe they are trimacs but i sent rapps some pics to confirm. i told the store manager about the low grade fw theory thats been going around and he asured me they are real tris as he said he is into sa/ca as well and has raised some small ones up before but i will let u know what jeff has to say. i only got pics of 1 cause the other was hiding under a cave.

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
rapps hit me up and his words are there is simply no way to tell at that size. so i hope mine are true and i hope alot of the other poopsmart trimac buyers end up with tris.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Those look nothing like my so called Petsmart trimacs

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
mine seem to be much smaller then yours and is not showing any color yet.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
fishguts;1135238; said:
mine seem to be much smaller then yours and is not showing any color yet.
no, mine are only 1 1/2 inches long. I would dought thast mine are trimacs though, probably Flowerhorms.

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Rapps is correct. There is no way to visually tell the difference. That's the big problem. I would treat any "trimac" from PetsMart as a flowerhorn, no matter what.

King Midas

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
I bought 1 from my local PoopSmart thinking is was a FH and they didnt know what they had (they have no label for them & it was in a tank full of africans). I tricked them into thinking it was a $2.65 fire mouth. He was beautiful until over night my Blue DragonxCherry Red FH killed him. I was soo mad. RIP Poop Smart Tri.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Lol, knowing that it's from Petsmart, where they sold Uros as "True Red Terrors", it's probably 99.9% low quality fh. Only way to be sure if it's a true trimac is to get one from Rapps. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store