my little raised pond

octopus grouper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2015
ok so ive got a 327 gallon stocktank right now and ive got my venezuelan pike cichlid in it the temperature of the water right now is like probably 65 to 70 and i checked on it in the morning and it felt really cold hes been in there for 2 days and wont even take rosy reds let alone pellets or goldfish the only indoor tanks i have are a 29 gal with a 8 in jack dempsey and a 4 in pink convict,and a empty 10 gallon what should i do hes 8 to 9 in. and im woried. he should be fine through the day but im worried about this next night. also what should i do through the winter and fall i ran a small heater on it this morning but it didnot do much i need some help i cant lose him hes my favorite fish!

octopus grouper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2015
oh and by the way i live in amarillo texas to give an idea of the temp around here remember the month is may right now

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Add a higher wattage heater and good to have multiply heaters. Could try covering once sun goes down to retain heat

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
I would get a few 300 watt heaters and set the thermostat where you want it to be and you should be good.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
If you really want to heat this pond add a few quality heaters and pay the price at that elevation, it may be a chore; you may want to consider more temperate species

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
If you under stock your heaters, you may notice they will fail prematurely and without back up; will have drops in temp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store