armac;475282; said:
Keep holding your head close to the tank
or in the tank...lol

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Those are some nice looking loaches, they have great colors.

I can hear mine clicking from across the room. It gets really bad when it's feeding time.

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
Really!? Hmm. Probably my temensis scare them. That's why they don't produce the clicking sound. My temensis keep on testing them if they can fit in his mouth lol.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
How big are your new Clowns? Look good.
Mine don't click until they get at least 3-4" long. Big 6" has been clicking away since I got him, but now the next biggest one has joined in. Sounds like someone throwin gravel at the glass..! Maybe yours are just a bit too small..?
Anyone know what size they are supposed to start clicking?
Or do they do it from birth?

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
bmxer4ever;476746; said:
How big are your new Clowns? Look good.
Mine don't click until they get at least 3-4" long. Big 6" has been clicking away since I got him, but now the next biggest one has joined in. Sounds like someone throwin gravel at the glass..! Maybe yours are just a bit too small..?
Anyone know what size they are supposed to start clicking?
Or do they do it from birth?
My CL were doing it when they were 2-3". It scared me the first time I heard it, I thought that my tank was cracking.

I have been wodering why they do it?

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
I got (3) 4-4.5" clown loaches and I've never heard them click

suzydiver

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2005
Houston TX
By click, do you mean when they eat? I have 4 clowns and I just LOVE watching them. They are just so easy going and are not intimidated by anything in the tank...I would have a tank full but, I think I have just the right number of fish right now!

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
suzydiver;503797; said:
By click, do you mean when they eat? I have 4 clowns and I just LOVE watching them. They are just so easy going and are not intimidated by anything in the tank...I would have a tank full but, I think I have just the right number of fish right now!
They tend to click when they are eating or having a little argument between themselves... Have yours done the little dance yet..?
Two Clowns go side by side, all fins erect and then they "shimmy"? Kinda like a face off?! My little ones did it at first - "I'm the biggest and best 2 inch Clown Loach"... "No I am..."
Hilarious! Now my big ones do it as well, which gets quite violent, dashing around the tank when theyre done at a hundred miles an hour, and THATS when they click. No harm done though - I think it's all just for show.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store