My new fish, and a new surprise!

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
:D I just bought a babie Fahaka puffer tonight. He is around a inch and a half and very cute! I have had two of these befor. But in the short time I have had him he has already done something the others never did! When I poored him out of the bag and into the net. He BLEW UP :D to about the size of a 50 cent piece! I new these puffers were capable of this, but until now I have never seen them do it. It was really cool! I am very stoked on this little guy, and I just wanted to sare with the board :D

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Yeah, he was kinda skinny when I brought him home, but in the last couple of days I have fattened him up quite a bit! He is a eating machine! :D
His tank mates are for now a shoal of 10 Exodon's and 1 6'' albino chanel cat.
I know this will be a problem soon, but for now it is working. He will get is own solo residence soon. He leaves the exodon's be and they do the same to him. However just go'es to show you that you can never trust a puffer! As he has suprising to me, already attacked the cat. Nipped his fin's pritty good! I will be moving the cat today.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
BasteredFish said:
:D I just bought a babie Fahaka puffer tonight. He is around a inch and a half and very cute! I have had two of these befor. But in the short time I have had him he has already done something the others never did! When I poored him out of the bag and into the net. He BLEW UP :D to about the size of a 50 cent piece! I new these puffers were capable of this, but until now I have never seen them do it. It was really cool! I am very stoked on this little guy, and I just wanted to sare with the board :D
Just remember that it is best not to let them inflate with air.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
glad to hear your little guys got some personality, pics would be nice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store