My New Flowerhorn

hey_wood1981

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
How many flowerhorns do you have? That’s another beauty. I cut back on the amount I was feeding while I was soaking his food in salt to treat for parasite for the white pop. I then fasted until I noticed the prolapse was receding, and then began slowly feeding a much smaller pellet in small amounts, making sure there’s no bloated/large belly between feedings.
I believe he was eating too large of a pellet, not chewing, and as a result having a hard time digesting and got backed up.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and pictures. Much appreciated!

Reactions: AshArsenio

AshArsenio

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2022
Malaysia
How many flowerhorns do you have? That’s another beauty. I cut back on the amount I was feeding while I was soaking his food in salt to treat for parasite for the white pop. I then fasted until I noticed the prolapse was receding, and then began slowly feeding a much smaller pellet in small amounts, making sure there’s no bloated/large belly between feedings.
I believe he was eating too large of a pellet, not chewing, and as a result having a hard time digesting and got backed up.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and pictures. Much appreciated!
I'm a reseller in my country so I take Flowerhorns fries and groom them to resell. So I document most of the Flowerhorns that comes my way. Including ones that get sick.

The large pellets most definitely cause it. They just greedy and stuff themselves without chewing. Just their nature. Hope it will get way better soon.

Reactions: hey_wood1981
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store