My new Motoro

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
Hi,
I wanted to tell you my personal story about stingrays, how I was in the hobby and got out of it and how hard it was for me to get back to it.

I will start by saying that I live in Israel. I had a container with three stingrays (leopoldi + motoro), and since I did not have enough I had to leave the hobby for a few years. When I left the hobby at the end of 2016 I sold everything I had. When the covid19 virus started I found a lot of free time and decided to raise Stingray again. What I did not know is that in Israel they closed the import at the end of 2017, and you can only buy through people from the hobby and the prices are just sky high (for example Motoro will cost $ 200 per baby and today about $ 800). After half a year of non-stop searching I found a tower that sells at a good price, and after long negotiations + an hour and a half drive is my stingray!

My aquarium is 300 liters and in the future I will increase to 700. Some pictures-

2c0e5854-2e04-488a-8df2-1073f904a23e.jpg
I was happy to share my story with you!

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi,
I wanted to tell you my personal story about stingrays, how I was in the hobby and got out of it and how hard it was for me to get back to it.

I will start by saying that I live in Israel. I had a container with three stingrays (leopoldi + motoro), and since I did not have enough I had to leave the hobby for a few years. When I left the hobby at the end of 2016 I sold everything I had. When the covid19 virus started I found a lot of free time and decided to raise Stingray again. What I did not know is that in Israel they closed the import at the end of 2017, and you can only buy through people from the hobby and the prices are just sky high (for example Motoro will cost $ 200 per baby and today about $ 800). After half a year of non-stop searching I found a tower that sells at a good price, and after long negotiations + an hour and a half drive is my stingray!

My aquarium is 300 liters and in the future I will increase to 700. Some pictures-

View attachment 1466565
I was happy to share my story with you!
Beautiful stingray! Nice spots ?. Although I wouldn’t agree on the tank size for the motoro, glad your back keeping fish ?

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
Beautiful stingray! Nice spots ?. Although I wouldn’t agree on the tank size for the motoro, glad your back keeping fish ?
I will transfer it to a larger container in another month or two,
Thank you

Reactions: Bbuckley

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
The stingray does not move much but its breathing is normal and so is the oxidation in the water. Anyone have any idea why?

Yesterday he ate little and today he did not eat.

Water temperature 27-28

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
The stingray is not eating yet ... I need your help

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Post water parameters… if you want to induce feeding, try soaking the prawns in garlic or whatever you’re feeding it. Stingrays will definitely eat night crawlers as well. Besides that, it may be also stressed out from transportation.

worst case scenario is it may be sick

Reactions: Krismo962

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
I have not fed him since last night. Tonight he ate both frozen worms and frozen fish. :)

• Love
Reactions: Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store