Good price and purchase.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I got mine at 2" for $4 over here. Super fun fish, I miss it. (4ft was too small for jumpy fish)

They're super fun and look gorgeous onxe settled :)

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Thought id update for this guy. Cool hand luke, or laidback luke as hes called is now around 7". Growth has definitely slowed since 6" but he is getting beefier. Hasnt developed the dark lateral line coloration ive seen in other PTC for whatever reason, but beautiful fish nonetheless.
20190217_121822.jpg
Shares a 200 gallon tank with severums, EBAs, a JD, ornate pim and various tetras. He has calmed down considerably since moving into a 24" wide tank vs. 18". I will echo celebrist celebrist notion that the fish is very sensitive to water quality and will thrash and jump frequently if nitrates are over 20 ppm.

Thanks for reading.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I bought mine as a 3" juve back in June 2016. He is a good 10" now and quite thick with it. Yours looks slimmer and more streamlined than mine and also the tail on yours is a proper fork. The tail on mine, the bottom lobe is larger and more rounded than the top lobe, you can make it out in the picture though the angle isn't brilliant.

Mine grew up in a 180 and at times would throw some right wobbles. They are insanely fast, i'm surprised he never injured himself. Then when I put him in his current 360 he calmed right down immediately. No more spurts of mad speed when spooked, he's proper chilled now.

I'll be honest with you, I don't even know which chalceus he is. I bought him as a pink tail but if yours is a true pink tail I don't think mine is.

20190922_170410.jpg

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I bought mine as a 3" juve back in June 2016. He is a good 10" now and quite thick with it. Yours looks slimmer and more streamlined than mine and also the tail on yours is a proper fork. The tail on mine, the bottom lobe is larger and more rounded than the top lobe, you can make it out in the picture though the angle isn't brilliant.

Mine grew up in a 180 and at times would throw some right wobbles. They are insanely fast, i'm surprised he never injured himself. Then when I put him in his current 360 he calmed right down immediately. No more spurts of mad speed when spooked, he's proper chilled now.

I'll be honest with you, I don't even know which chalceus he is. I bought him as a pink tail but if yours is a true pink tail I don't think mine is.

View attachment 1389098
I’m no expert, but comparing images from google and from what I remember from the she’d aquarium, Ill say you have pink tail chacleus.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska

View attachment 1389098
Yours is yellow fin I think, redder tail. Handsome fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store