Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
He looks great, always wanted one of these

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I WILL have one of these one day, once I upgrade. I'd love to see any more pics or updates on this one, and am curious about growth rate over time, too.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
I WILL have one of these one day, once I upgrade. I'd love to see any more pics or updates on this one, and am curious about growth rate over time, too.

I will see what I can do. I'm not sure on growth rate, I've had him a few months and hes grown a little. His color has changed a lot, he was a gold/brown color when i got him. Now as you can see he jet black and has a yellowish forehead. The angle of the pic didn't get all of his spangles.

Reactions: magpie

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
That fish looks great already for 2 inches. My favorite cichlid by a mile, good luck with it!

In regards to growth, I've had mine for about 10 months and he's grown like 3 inches. They're slow growers.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Yea I found out about the slow growth after I got it. I even add a few mollies to keep fry in the tank for live food. First time I've seen these locally so I picked one up. Pet supermarket of all places had a tank full.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store