MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
He died last night:( It looked like it was a hard molt... That killed him I found him motionles drifting in the current.

I'll make a death thread with pictures.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Thats a bummer - I'm gonna have to watch that. Need to check out calcium and iodine supplements for my two, make sure it doesn't happen here...
Especially since they doubled in price at lfs since I got 'em.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
My smallest AFS is lookin a little suspect now we've been talking about it.... think I'll follow Oddballs advice - gonna nip out shortly and get some iodine.
Got Oyster shells for the calcium, but how do I prepare them and how much to use?
Do I just drop it in the tank?? My 2 shrimpies are in my community tank, so I want to be sure I don't affect any of the fish...maybe look at shrimp pellets instead.
HELP!

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi concord...just back from my lfs and got some iodine supplement for my little dudes. It's Kent Marine concentrated Iodine - Bio available Iodine, supplement for reef type marine aquariums.
Ingredients listed as Iodine 22.5 mg/oz
Cost me £6.95
Gonna pm Oddball and see if this is the right stuff, but I think it should be as he suggested medicine cabinet Iodine or Reef iodine, and I think thats what this is. Let you know how I get on, then maybe you won't lose another Pinchy...

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Concord - when you get your next shrimp, get some of the stuff I mentioned...Oddball says thats bang on the money - same stuff he uses. Administer at 2-4 drops per 10 gallons per week and shrimpys should be fine.

Thank god we cleared that one up...now I just gotta hope I caught my little one in time...
Let you all know how it goes.

Kent Marine iodine.gif

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
bmxer4ever;469283; said:
Concord - when you get your next shrimp, get some of the stuff I mentioned...Oddball says thats bang on the money - same stuff he uses. Administer at 2-4 drops per 10 gallons per week and shrimpys should be fine.

Thank god we cleared that one up...now I just gotta hope I caught my little one in time...
Let you all know how it goes.
Well thats good news, that'll be 1st ting i get once I get a new pinchy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store