My Sailfin Plecostomus

Twoody

Feeder Fish
Aug 20, 2017
Okay so I got dot just three months ago and he was very small. But as you can see he is 8 inches long now and I only have a twenty gallon tank. I was wondering if there are any LFS that would be willing to trade him in for a smaller breed of plecostomus. Or do they even do that? Also sinse he is still growing how much would he be worth. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Common and sailfine Plecostomus are large catfish that can grow 45-60cm very quickly and are not worth alot I would suggest jist taking it to a store to rehome it you will not get much if anything at all for it, if you want a smaller species of pleco try
Bristlenose plecos (get 15cm max)
Otocinclus catfish (get 5cm max)
Both good algae eaters

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Common and sailfine Plecostomus are large catfish that can grow 45-60cm very quickly and are not worth alot I would suggest jist taking it to a store to rehome it you will not get much if anything at all for it, if you want a smaller species of pleco try
Bristlenose plecos (get 15cm max)
Otocinclus catfish (get 5cm max)
Both good algae eaters

+1

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
My Pleco is currently 14-16" and I bought him at PetSmart for $1.79. They may seem like a good, small, algae eater when you purchase them, but they grow into monsters. On occasions they can even become aggressive (food, territory, etc...).

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store